Holy Cross has an active community with several different groups. New members are always welcome to any of these.
- We have a small but active Union of Catholic Mothers (UCM) who meet every Tuesday in the Parish Rooms – please ask Fr Cahill for more information.
- We hold a very long established Bingo session every Wednesday evening in the Parish Rooms commencing at 7.30. This is well supported by parishioners and visitors alike so come early to make sure you get a seat!
- We have a parish tote which pays out every week to the lucky winner(s) – please see Mr McGann at the tote table before or after mass on a Saturday/Sunday if you are interested in joining.
- Holy Cross relies on the volunteers who organise the weekly cleaning and flower arranging, the running of the card stall and reading at the various masses. If you would like to join the rotas for any of these or volunteer your services in any capacity, please see Father Cahill. Many hands make light work!
- Our folk group support the music for the evening mass on Saturdays. They welcome instrumentalists or singers alike and tend to perform more modern hymns and worship songs.
- Other regular events are held throughout the year. These will all be featured in the weekly Newsletter, so please take a look!
There is a long held tradition at Holy Cross of two major fundraising events a year, namely our Summer and Winter Fetes. These are our biggest parish operations and involve parishioners of all ages and backgrounds, but since many hands make light work, there is always room for a few more – if you’re interested in running a stall or helping in any other way, please contact Father Cahill for more information.
These fetes are augmented throughout the year by occasional jumble sales, raffles and other events – please check the newsletter to make sure you don’t miss them.
This page will be updated with the Parish events for the coming year as they are confirmed. To make sure you don’t miss anything, check our Facebook Page or pick up a copy of the weekly newsletter.
Your support for these and all parish events would be most welcome. Other events will also occur throughout the year – while this page will be updated please check the newsletter each week to make sure you don’t miss them.